Saturday, October 16, 2010

All In A Day

I had a somewhat busy day today. Dean brought Tommy to the FSU football game and so I was set to have a relaxing morning with Ty. He's teething, though, so that didn't happen. I had to run to Publix to get food for dinner tonight. While at Publix, I ran into no less than 4 people or families that I know. When I got home, I got a message from Dean saying Tommy had had enough of the game and they were ready for me to come pick them up at Mellow Mushroom. I left to go get them and had to be creative in my route since the place is right next to the stadium and all the roads nearby are closed for the game.

Because I was having one of those days where I couldn't just do things the easy way, Iwound up getting in a pretty bizarre fender bender. I won't share the details because it's a long story, but let's just say there was a very ill-placed stop sign that I never saw. In fact, while we were talking to the police officer, at least 4 other cars ran the same stop sign. Thankfully the officer realized that and immediately called the city and had the stop sign moved. So while we were standing there, a guy showed up in a big truck and yanked the stop sign out of the ground and moved it about 6 feet closer to the street. That's power, my friends. When was the last time you got the city to move a stop sign right there on the spot?

Then I came home and cooked 2 pans of lasagna to bring to Dean's parents for some friends that were in town.

What a day to forego a shower and makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment