Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Nightlife

(Disclaimer: I didn't have a pajama picture, so this was the best I could do of the two of them. Please disregard the outfits)

For the past few months, the Inserra household has had a "strict" schedule. I've discovered that both boys (especially Ty) completely fall apart if they're not in bed by 7:30 at the latest. Tommy's the sneaky fall-apart-er. He seems fine until the next day. Then it's meltdown central.

Needless to say, I can probably count on one hand how many times I've been out of the house during the bedtime hour this fall. Yes, it's caused me to drop off the face of the earth a bit and not be involved in the things I've always done, such as lead and attend small groups for the Well, and meet up with friends for dinner. But I've traded that for something so special. Every night, I manage to bathe Tommy and Ty at the same time. I get Ty out of his sink bathtub and put on his jammies and then get Tommy out of his bath. He always asks to sit on my lap while wrapped in his yellow lion towel. So there I am with Ty on my right knee and Tommy on my left, and we're all cuddled up together. And the boys smell wonderful. Ty smells like sleepy time lotion and his hair is still slightly wet and Tommy smells like fruit punch (it's Toy Story bubble bath... not quite as gross as it sounds). And for that moment, I get to hold both my boys and realize how quickly this time passes by.

Soon enough I'll be back in the swing of things, as far as nighttime events. But for now I get to sit on the toilet seat (closed, of course) and snuggle with my clean little boys.

1 comment:

  1. The towel picture of Ty - SO cute! And I agree, bath time is pretty phenomenal. I enjoy it tons too.

    ReplyDelete