Saturday, May 7, 2011

Ode to Matthew and Rachel

This is a very special day for us Inserras. Our good friends Matthew and Rachel are getting married. Matthew and Dean have gotten incredibly close over the last four and a half years as he has been Dean's right hand man at City Church (formerly The Well) since the very beginning. As he likes to describe his role, Dean draws the picture by casting the vision and Matthew colors in the lines by making it happen. And in this role, they not only share ministry, but we share our lives together. I absolutely adore Matthew. I love his devotion to Christ and his unwavering loyalty to Dean. I love how he loves my children, even when they're not in the best of moods. And I feel so blessed that I can call him friend. We've named our child after him (Ty's middle name is Matthew) and Dean has received the incredible honor of being his best man.

Before he met Rachel, I remember trying to think of a girl that I thought would be good enough for him. It was a very frustrating task, as I could never find anyone. Thankfully, it wasn't up to me. When I first met Rachel I knew right away she would be perfect. Matthew is one of the most loving people I know and I could tell that Rachel would love him just as much. And I've loved getting to know her! I can't wait to keep living our lives with such a special couple.

So here's to the new Mr. and Mrs. Robinson! As Pink says, raise your glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment