Sunday, May 29, 2011

One



My baby isn't a baby anymore.  I don't know that I would say that Ty's a toddler since he's not actually "toddling" (just crawling very fast), but he's officially a year old.  Friday was his birthday and I took pictures and reminisced about a year ago.  And I must say, May 27, 2011 was a lot easier than May 27, 2010!  There wasn't nearly the drama that we experienced the day of Tommy's birth, but I don't think giving birth is ever a cakewalk.  Anyway, here are some snippets about my little guy:

- He's incredibly happy.  When he wakes up, he likes to sit and play in his crib and when I walk in, he flashes the biggest smile I've ever seen. 

- He has a deep voice for a baby.

- He's not really into reading, but we're getting there.  One of his favorite books is "Moo, Baa, La La La", and he actually laughs out loud while we're reading it. 

- He'll eat just about anything I put in front of him.  Except grilled eggplant.  And plain cottage cheese.

- Although he's not walking yet, Ty is one of the fastest crawlers I've ever seen.

- Like most babies, he doesn't like to be changed and will kick and scream when you lay him down on his changing table, but if I hand him a book, he immediately calms down and usually starts laughing.

- Whenever Dean and Tommy wrestle, Ty is Hornswoggle

- He doesn't (and really never did) take a paci.  He sucks on his index and middle fingers of his left hand. 

- He's left handed... so far.

- His favorite toy is a whiffle ball.

- He loves to cuddle and play with my hair.
- I love him more than I ever imagined I could!!

2 comments: