Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hula Hoop Night

We're back from our vacation (part one, anyway) and there are lots of highlights to report on. We did have a bit of a camera fiasco so I had to use my camera on my phone to capture a lot of great moments. But then there was a phone fiasco and those great moments were lost. Sadly, this was one of them. But just try to picture, if you will.

One night on our vacation inn the Asheville area we left the boys with Alex and Melissa, who had come to visit Alex's sister. We went into downtown Asheville and had dinner at one of our favorite places, Tupelo Honey Cafe. It's right downtown, across the street from Pritchard Park. I was slightly disappointed because I knew it wasn't Friday night, which is drumming night. But I was soon thrilled to see something even better. Apparently Tuesday night is hula hoop night. Picture about 30 people, trying way to hard to be weird, stoned out of their minds, freestyle hula hooping. Yes, I just said freestyle hula hooping. There was a booth set up with a guy playing techno music that people were hula hooping to. Every so often, someone would walk up and down the sidewalk, hula hoop in motion. Techno music blaring.

The pictures were priceless. And now they're gone. I'm slightly devastated.

No comments:

Post a Comment