Thursday, February 18, 2010

Houseguests

I'm a tough mom. I clean my share of pee pee and poo poo clothes and sheets, usually without flinching. When Tommy threw up on me a couple years ago I didn't respond by throwing up back on him. I can handle bugs. Spiders, ants, even roaches. And I'll take a cricket or two. Perhaps even a frog or toad (but that's getting very close to the line).

However, don't give me a mouse. Unless he's the main attraction at my favorite theme park, I absolutely despise mice. They're not cute and cuddly, they're gross and disease-ridden. And they have icky little feet. So you can imagine my dismay when I found large (as in, not made by a bug) droppings all throughout my garage yesterday. I actually cried. Then thankfully, the pest man came by for our quarterly bug treatment and I asked him what to do about mice in the garage. He very kindly put two glue boards down right near the garage door and said to call if we haven't caught anything in two to three weeks.

This afternoon when I went to check them, I counted no less than 6 little dead mice. And threw up in my mouth a little. I'm not exactly sure what to do with the critters now, but you can bet I'll be calling my pest control guy again. Any tips on ridding a garage of a large rodent family?

No comments:

Post a Comment