Monday, February 22, 2010

Rainy Day Randoms

Whenever Tommy has to go potty he kind of prances around rhythmically singing "I have to go pot-ty, I have to go pot-ty". When I try to confirm that with him, he says "No, I was just singing about it." Moments later he really does have to go.

I've been trying to keep my pregnancy weight gain to a minimum but with this cold and rainy winter, all I've wanted to do is bake!

We've gone for years without a working DVD remote and so had settled into the realization that when we watch a DVD, we only have the option of pressing "play" and watching the whole thing in its entirety. No special features, no chapter selection, nothing. But yesterday I hooked up a new one and it's like we've entered a whole new world of DVD awesomeness.

With this rainy weather we're having today, Tommy's imagination will be in full bloom. This kid has the most active imagination I've seen! It takes forever to do a puzzle because halfway through, he assigns roles to the pieces ("this is the mommy, this is the daddy, this is the uncle") and acts out stories with them. They're puzzle pieces! I have no imagination, so I don't understand this. I try to participate though.

Along the lines of imagination, Tommy has taken a real interest in babies. At his little school, there's a section for playing house and there's a selection of baby dolls. Tommy has taken a liking to one in particular and carries it around with him, saying it's his baby brother. He brings it with him when he plays super heroes, or with cars or trains because he's "teaching him how to do it". He even pulls it away from other kids if they're not being careful with it. They baby doll is black, so he may be a bit confused when his real brother is born with a different skin tone. Maybe not.

I'm feeling incredibly dedicated to my health at the moment. I'm about to go to the gym and it's cold and rainy outside. Normally that's an excuse for me to never leave the house. But today I'm not going to let it stop me!

No comments:

Post a Comment