Monday, March 1, 2010

Farm Day

We've had a busy week or two, but today we got to unwind a bit and visit our good friend Karen Knox on her Monticello farm. Tommy was a little sad that there were no horses or cows or any animals, for that matter, but they did recently acquire a dog named Shaggy. Or maybe it was Harry. Honestly, I forgot his name (blame the pregnancy hormones), but we had a great time.

This was Karen and Kenny's first year planting a winter garden and we got to see the fruits (actually vegetables) of their labor. Tommy and I helped Karen pull up some cute little heads of green leaf lettuce and I got to help myself to her arugula, which she discovered she doesn't like at all. Works out just fine for me! We got to take home a bag of salad greens (I'll be eating those myself) and tangerines from her tree. It totally made me want to move to the country and plant all my own food. But it was quite easy going to Publix this afternoon and just picking up some things I need. I guess convenience wins for now.




Dean and Tommy got to play a little T-ball on the wide open space that is the Knox's backyard and it was just so relaxing to sit outside in the gorgeous weather and watch them play.

No comments:

Post a Comment