Saturday, February 13, 2010

Things I Love About Pregnancy


1. I have a built-in tray table.

2. The kicks. Even the uncomfortable kick in the ribs. Nothing beats knowing there's little feet in there.

3. Washing Tommy's old baby clothes, trying to remember when he was actually that small and having trouble believing a new baby will actually fit into those.

4. Coming up with nursery ideas.

5. Having random strangers stop you and ask what you're having (and the looks on their faces when you either reply with "a baby" or just a blank stare... I don't do that too much, but you do need to be careful when you ask someone that. Perhaps they just had a baby! You still look pregnant for a little bit afterward, fyi)

6. Having an excuse to stop what you're doing and put your feet up and close your eyes.

7. I now officially need a pedicure because I'm having trouble reaching my feet. It's no longer just a want.

8. The great questions I get from Tommy about his new baby brother ("Is your baby eating his breakfast right now? What toys is he playing with in your tummy? When he comes out, will he come out of your mouth?")

9. Strangers feeling the need to touch my belly. Most people get offended by this, but I almost enjoy it because I know it's just for a short time longer. If they still do it after baby's born, then we'll have problems.

10. Reading my weekly e-mails to find out what size fruit or vegetable he is this week (He's over a pound and the size of a very large banana this week... maybe a plantain?)

11. Knowing that I will most likely survive childbirth. I totally didn't think that when I was having Tommy but I figure if I can get through that, I can do it again. And I imagine it has to be better this time. Can't get too much worse.

1 comment:

  1. Reason #5 helped me to adopt a safe rule "never ask a woman if they are pregnant, even if they are wearing a t-shirt that says 'i am pregnant, ask me about it'"

    ReplyDelete