Thursday, February 17, 2011

Boys vs. Girls

Preschool has taught Tommy a number of things. But most of all it's brought out his competitiveness. And that carries over into our family. Lately he's been all about "Boys vs. Girls" things. And a couple weeks ago, when he found out that Dean's cousin Emily and her new husband Nick would be coming for a visit along with his Uncle Rich and Aunt Sue, Tommy figured this would be the ultimate "Boys vs. Girls" event.

He started setting up two weeks ago. He's lined up his wrestlers and animals in his room over and over. When I tell him he needs to clean his room, he explains that it's set up for when everyone comes for Boys vs. Girls. I know he's excited, but personally I think that's his way of getting out of cleaning. At least that's what I would have done when I was his age.

We're not exactly sure what Boys vs. Girls means. So far we know that the boys are the bad guys and they can choose to be dragons, zombies, or knights (I guess knights are bad guys). The girls are princesses. And we have locker rooms. The boys' locker room is Tommy's room and the girls' locker room is Dean's and my room. And we've been told that we'll go in there to put on our princess jewelry.

A wrench was thrown in the plan today when I told him that Dean or I would pick up Nick and Emily from the airport tomorrow and take them to MeMe and BeBe's house. But he didn't miss a beat and just informed me that the boys' locker room would be moved to his playroom over there and the girls' locker room will be MeMe and BeBe's bedroom. And he also mentioned that he'd need to bring all his toys over there so they could be ready.

So Rich, Sue, Emily, and Nick, get ready. Tommy's expecting full participation. Just a heads up.

1 comment:

  1. Bring it on! Bringing our princess jewelry and our "game face". We are ready! :)
    Love, Aunt Sue

    ReplyDelete