Friday, September 16, 2011

Early Risers

I'm not a morning person.  Not at all.  Well, I've been waking up every morning for the last 5 years around 7 or 7:30 so I guess I'm more of one than I was before.  But either way I still despise waking up in the morning.  And it seems even worse when I wake up to the sound of  (from across the house) "MOM!!!  I'M READY TO GET UP NOW!!!! COME WAKE ME UP NOW PLEASE!!" followed shortly by the sound of Ty crying after being abruptly woken up by his brother.  For some reason that wake up call doesn't put me in the best of moods. 

So I decided that in my never-ending quest to be a better mom, I should start waking up before the boys.  Tommy's usually up around 6:45 or 7, so I figured I should set my alarm for 6:30.  That should be plenty of time to get up, get my coffee going, maybe pray and read my Bible for a minute or two and then greet my children with a smile.  Sounds like a great plan.

Except for the last few days (actually the first day that I set my alarm), I've had that same wake-up call... at 5:50 am!!  I'm not ready to set an alarm for 5:30. I just don't think I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment