Thursday, October 29, 2009

Christmas Time's a Comin'

It's the most wonderful time of the year! I've always loved Christmas music and I've been guilty of playing it as early as October (when no one's listening, anyway... Dean protests if Thanksgiving hasn't occurred yet). But I've discovered that being a piano teacher takes it to a whole new level. This year I'll put on my 2nd annual Holiday Recital (gotta be PC. I know, it irks me too) and so my students are already hard at work on their holiday songs. Which is lots of fun, but with 17 students, I'm hearing "Deck the Halls", "Joy to the World", "Jingle Bells", and a slew of others way too much.

I'd like to get them to branch out. So I'll make a suggestion. Watch this and let me know what you think. This goes out to all you Inserras out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment