Monday, October 12, 2009

A Yummy Delicious Cake

I love to bake. I haven't done it as much lately since I realize that eating lots of baked goods generally adds to one's waistline and cholesterol. But tonight our small group is celebrating some birthdays so I'm making a peanut butter cake with chocolate fluffy icing. And I think I'll crush up some Reece's Peanut Butter cups and sprinkle them on top. Jealous? Hungry? Here's the recipe, courtesy of The Chocolate Cake Mix Doctor.

One box of regular yellow cake mix
1 1/3 Cups of water
1/3 cup of creamy peanut butter
3 eggs
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract

Grease 2 9-inch cake pans. Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl with a blender on low speed (I used a stand mixer) for 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula and then mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into cake pans and bake for 23-28 minutes. Allow to cool and frost with chocolate frosting. I make my own but a can of frosting is really good too.

Yummy and delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment