Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Midweek Ramblings

I got my first four hour stretch of sleep last night and I feel GREAT (this was my longest stretch of continuous sleep since May 25). When Ty slept until 3 this morning, I couldn't believe it! Next step: sleeping through the night (not expecting that any time soon though).



Tommy got a big brother gift from Aunt Sue yesterday. We got this great big box in the mail and it turned out to be one of those huge tents that covers an entire twin bed. I'll admit, when I saw the measurements on the box I groaned a bit, but as soon as soon as Tommy realized what it was, he screamed "A tent! Now I can live happily ever after!!" and he ran around the house. At that point, I didn't care how big the thing was, it was just really fun to see him that excited. We set it up and he was pumped to sleep in it last night. Ty and I even crawled in to read him stories before bed (we'll have to get a new system for that).




The other night we went to Coosh's Bayou Rouge for dinner (kids eat free on Mondays... take note, all you Tallahasseeans). After we finished eating, a group of paramedics came in for dinner and sat at the table next to us. Being the gregarious child that Tommy is, he immediately went to their table and started talking to them. He told them about the booboo's on his knees, told them that he had a new baby, and finally he asked them what color their ambulance was. With that, they offered to show him. So while they waited for their food to come out, we all went to the parking lot to take a tour of the ambulance. They even turned on the lights for him and let him sit in the driver's seat (notice the look of slight alarm on his face... they had just revved the engine and he said "Mommy, I don't want to drive!")



No comments:

Post a Comment