Saturday, June 5, 2010

Tender Moments

This morning when I got Ty out of his bassinet, there was poop leaking through the blanket that he was swaddled in. Not a good sign. Apparently when I changed his diaper at 4:15 this morning I was too tired to pull it all the way up in the back because he sure had a full moon when I took his jammies off. And he was very hungry. Needless to say, he was wailing. Tommy tried desperately to calm him down by giving him various toys ranging from stuffed animals to Ninja Turtle action figures and sympathetically saying, "I know, Ty, it's ok".

I told Tommy that Ty appreciated his efforts but he really needed to eat. Tommy didn't give up, so while I got ready to feed him, Tommy stood next to his screaming baby brother and sweetly sang his ABC's. He was so proud of himself when Ty stopped crying, I certainly didn't have the heart to tell him that he finally was getting to eat. This boy sure does love his little brother!

I'm enjoying these moments because he's already hit Ty in the head with a baseball bat. I take what I can, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment