Thursday, September 23, 2010

Dorsi

I figure I blog about my kids enough but there's one member of our family who doesn't get much love. Dorsi. My 85 pound yellow lab. Today she had a visit to the vet to have a very quick, but unpleasant procedure performed. I'll spare you the details. This poor dog gets so excited about a car trip, it's the highlight of her month (if it's even that often). I had to take Ty with me, so I figured it would be interesting. Getting in the car was no problem. I opened Ty's door to get him in and she jumped in first and immediately sat in Tommy's booster seat, all ready to go. I put Ty in next to her and hoped she wouldn't crush him when she got all excited upon realizing that we were going to the vet. She was a good girl and didn't crush him, but put both front paws on the middle console and was immediately thrust into the front seat when I saw that the person in front of me had stopped suddenly so I had to slam on my breaks. All 85 pounds of her catapulted into the dash. So she rode the rest of the way in the passenger seat.

Getting out of the car was another story altogether. It took me three attempts before I could get out without her dashing out around me. I had to slam the door in her face and quickly take Ty out so I could bring Dorsi out as well. This took careful planning and an iron will on my part. But after about 4 or 5 minutes we were out of the car. Thankfully we were the only ones in the waiting room so there was no drama. After they did the procedure, our exit was as dramatic as our entrance, if not more so. She was angry that I had subjected her to such humiliation and was just ready to get back in the car. A vet tech had to help. I got both of them in and we headed home. I got Ty out first and put him on the ground in front of the car (he was in his car seat). She immediately ran out and jumped over him, barely clearing the carrier. Our adventure was over and now she's exhausted, and probably will be for the next few days.

Ty slept through the whole thing.

2 comments:

  1. Yep, Dorsi's drama got Mima's attention. On the edge of my seat, the whole blog!! My big boned girl!!

    ReplyDelete