Saturday, September 18, 2010

Leadership



I want to take a moment to brag about Dean. He mentioned this in his blog, but I wanted to give him a little love as well. A few months ago, he came home and said, "Guess what? I've apparently been nominated and chosen as a finalist for a leadership award through Leadership Tallahassee." My first thought was "How nice. That sounds so sweet." I had no clue what exactly that meant. Even when we received the invitation in the mail to the banquet honoring the finalists, I still didn't get it.

On Thursday night, we went to the nicest event that I've been to at the University Club. There were hundreds of people and a total of 17 honorees in 5 categories. Dean was nominated for the Pacesetter award, which is given to a young leader in town who is doing something no one else is doing and "taking Tallahassee by storm".

While he didn't win the award, I was just bursting with pride for him. It was a huge honor to be included in this list. He was the only nominee in any category who didn't have a huge long list of accolades and accomplishments. But there's no question in my mind that his qualifications for this award are by far the most meaningful. They extend into eternity.

Oh, and I got a really nice night out because of it. There was an absolutely delicious salad of tomato slices, fried green tomato slices, a smearing of goat cheese, and a bacon slice layered on top of each other (I ate mine and Dean's). Dinner was a very good filet with mashed potatoes, prosciutto wrapped shrimp, and asparagus. And dessert was oh so tasty: a really yummy chocolate mousse cake with a ganache topping. Yum!

1 comment: