Monday, September 13, 2010

Moving

I love my church. We started it from scratch just over three years ago and since then we've been in no less than 7 locations. We're completely portable, but a portable church is not as simple as, say, a portable phone. But every week we have had incredible, dedicated individuals who love Jesus and believe in the way that we are sharing the gospel help to set up and tear down. For over three years.

This Sunday marked the first time that we are officially no longer portable. We finally have a place we can call our home! And it's taken hundreds of volunteers giving thousands of hours and dollars (still need about $40,000 more if you care to share!) but it came together this week. As I drove up with the boys in tow, I got choked up and a bit misty when I saw the welcoming/parking lot crew in their bright garnet and gold t-shirts directing traffic and creating a great first impression. Actually I started getting choked up when I had to slow down about a block before I got to the warehouse because the cars in my lane were all turning in (no, it's not a turning lane). The Well Kids building looked incredible and walking in, I knew Tommy would love it. I dropped Ty off in his adorable butterfly-decorated baby room and hung his diaper bag on the hook with a cute little polka dot bib attached. I got into the auditorium about 5 minutes before the service started and realized that if I were late as I usually am, I may not get a seat.

The band was great, there was an awesome vibe in the room. And Dean's sermon was excellent. The point was very clear: If we are not 100% about Jesus, then we are not about anything at all. I'm so proud to call him my pastor and even more proud to call him my husband. I absolutely love him.

And I love my church.

No comments:

Post a Comment