Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

Well it finally came. I haven't looked forward to Halloween this much since I was 6. But now I'm totally into it again. Not any of the scary stuff (we have a rule in our house that all our decorations are "happy"), but the funness in general.

We're getting ready to head to the Spider Party that's put on by my mother-in-law, first grade teacher at Killearn Lakes Elementary. And it's just continued craziness until our group of about 20 goes trick-or-treating tonight. The first thing Tommy said when he woke up this morning, after "Tommy awake now!" was "Tommy eat candy?" He's never really eaten it before and we decided we'd let him have some this year. In moderation, of course (I know, try telling that to Uncle Todd, Uncle Bennett, and Uncle Jason).

Confession: Much to my surprise, I find myself wanting a collection of holiday shirts, sweaters, earrings, and necklaces. I was always one that made fun of women who were into the gaudiness (secretly, of course), but now I think I'm joining their ranks (I'm thinking this has to do with having a two-year-old, because all my friends my age without kids haven't talked about these desires. It must be all the brain cells lost during pregnancy that are never recovered after childbirth). Today I would like nothing more than to wear a long sleeved black t-shirt with puff paint pumpkins and ghosts, all happy of course, with dangly pumpkin earrings. There, I said it! Next year, I'm totally making all my apparel. Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment