Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Morning Lineup

I'm not a morning person. I never have been but I assumed that when you have kids and have to get up early every morning, you suddenly become one. Apparently that's not the case. Tommy was up at 5 this morning and I was able to get him back to sleep but there have been lots of mornings in the last few weeks where I wasn't so successful. I've told him that when the sun isn't up, God is not awake yet and it's certainly not a good idea to be up before God is! That's terrible theology, I know, but as my brother-in-law Bennett reassured me, Tommy still thinks inanimate objects sleep, so theology might not be that important yet.

So now that I've been getting up early EVERY SINGLE DAY (no weekends... still getting used to that), I've become quite a kids show watcher. Right now I am watching Martha Speaks (a cartoon about a dog who eats alphabet soup and is able to talk) - a show I must admit I kind of enjoy. Sshh, don't tell. We watch this, Curious George, Sid the Science Kid, and a few others on a regular basis. It's sad when you find yourself enjoying watching a monkey living with a nameless man with an obsession for the color yellow and you begin to beg for new episodes. But don't feel too bad for me... every so often I get to sneak a "Regis and Kelly" episode in there.

1 comment:

  1. 4:42am is fishing wake up time. Im getting you a fishing rod for your birthday.

    ReplyDelete