Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tis the Season





The last couple days I have been in major "preschool mom" mode. I guess the cold weather and the fact that Halloween is coming is doing this to me. Now, I'm not crafty by any stretch of the word, but Tommy and I have spent all month using Halloween cookie cutters to cut ghosts out of white construction paper, and pumpkins out of orange construction paper and tape them to our windows.

Then yesterday we graduated to cutting those ghosts and pumpkins out of actual cookie dough! It was Tommy's first baking experience - after I had successfully wrapped him in plastic to keep the flour out of his clothes, he sat at the table with me and proceded to cut all sorts of shapes out. He kept trying to do shapes on top of shapes, which, admittedly, frustrated me. But the end result was pretty cute, I must say. And a bit messy.

Today wasTommy's Mothers' Morning Out Halloween party, and it was my day to volunteer (making it a mother's morning in). So he was an adorable fireman and I was a dalmatian... thanks to Sarah Wags for giving me the idea. I also had to carve out the inside of a pumpkin so the kids could take turns pounding a triangle cookie cutter in to make the eyes and nose. Yes, we gave a bunch of two-year olds hammers. My fingers are a little sore, but I'll survive :). So I was up til 11:30 last night (way past my bedtime) carving out a pumpkin, roasting seeds, and drawing black dots on the inside of gray sweatpants. Then today I chaperoned a party with 15 two-year-olds in costume (changing diapers was loads of fun). But I loved every minute! Was I born to be a room mom? Perhaps.

PS - This morning at 8:15 (and roughly 40 degrees) I discovered Dorsi had escaped from our backyard due to the broken gate and so I had to go running after her... dressed as a dalmatian. Quite a sight, I'm sure.

1 comment:

  1. oh man, wish i could have seen a krissy dalmation running down the sidewalk. may have peed my pants.

    ReplyDelete