Saturday, June 20, 2009

Heading to the 'Ville

It's 11:09 and I'm feverishly packing for our trip to Louisville tomorrow for the Southern Baptist Convention (it's not as awful as it sounds). Rumor has it we're leaving at 6:30 in the morning... woo hoo! I am actually very excited about it. This is my fourth convention. The Pastor's Conference part is great and I kinda check out once the actual business part of the Convention occurs. But I'm really excited just to be back in Louisville for a few days. We're planning on having lunch Otto's downtown, which is in the hotel that I worked at. We'll be staying a couple nights with our good friends, the Smallwoods... always a good time. And no trip to Louisville is complete without visiting The Irish Rover, the Pie Kitchen, Graeter's Ice Cream (have to have their amazing chocolate chunks), and of course Claudia Sanders Dinner House for some fried chicken and incredible sides (mashed potatoes, anyone?). And I need to have a piece of Derby Pie while I'm up there too. Okay, I'm hungry now.

Tommy's already with MeMe and BeBe and he gets to spend the next few days with them eating ice cream every day, going to Chuck E Cheese, and all sorts of other secret things kids do with their grandparents.

I miss him already.

No comments:

Post a Comment