Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Need a Cuppa Joe



This will be fueling me today.

I love being a mom. It is, without question, one of the best things that has ever happened to me. But then there are days like today. Let me back up. For a few months, Tommy had been sleeping until about 7:30 or 8:00 in the mornings. It was amazing. Yes, I was spoiled. Then he started waking up earlier and for the last few weeks has been up around 6:30 (I know if I'm watching the morning edition of "Between the Lions" then it's a bit too early for my liking). Yesterday he was ready to party at 5:45. I was really tired yesterday.

Today he came into our room earlier. Like 3:45 earlier. Are you kidding me?!? He wanted to sleep in our bed, which we've learned from experience is a really bad idea but when it's 3:45 you're not thinking clearly so we let him climb in between us. For the next two hours I had every little body part in my face, in my side, in my stomach, and I didn't sleep at all. I'm sure Dean didn't either. And apparently Tommy didn't either. When I was pretty sure he was sleeping, I picked him up to make the big transfer to his bed. And right when I laid him in bed he woke up and completely freaked out. It was 5:45 at this point and since we had done this yesterday, I figured we could do it again today.

So now we're both tired and grumpy. And I need more coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment