Friday, June 26, 2009

I'm Back!

I've actually been back for a few days, but I've been exhausted from traveling. Louisville was everything I was hoping it would be. I think I ate too much, but it was so worth it. We got to eat at all the restaurants we were hoping to, we got to sightsee a little, and we even caught an inning or two of a Bats game (as a side note, one of my very favorite things about going to Bats baseball games was "Dancin' Carl", who was about 65 years old in khaki shorts, tennis shoes, and a khaki button down shirt that had "Dancin' Carl" embroidered on the back. He would do a ridiculous dance to "Tootsee Roll" on the dugout. Sadly, he retired back in 2005 to become a full-time magician. True story).

I thoroughly enjoyed the Pastor's conference. We got to hear Francis Chan, who wrote Crazy Love (great book), Mike Huckabee, who played bass for the worship band after he finished speaking, and David Platt, pastor of The Church at Brook Hills, who was so amazing, I really can't describe him. I left that part very encouraged and challenged.

It was wonderful to get back and have Tommy wait up for us and run into my arms saying "Mommy!" Of course the next thing out of his mouth was "What did you bring me?" After I handed him the cars we had bought him, he happily went to bed and all has been well since then. It's good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment