Monday, June 8, 2009

The Patient

I'm playing nurse today. Dean had to have his wisdom teeth removed this morning... all 4 (actually he originally had 5, but one was removed by the dentist a little while ago) and now he's sleeping peacefully. I'm not sure how good I am at this. Upon bringing him home, I freaked slightly when I saw his mouth dripping with blood. After I took care of yanking the gauze from his mouth and shoving new clean gauze in, I left him there bleeding and delirious because I had to go drop off his prescriptions. He's had to remind me twice to check the blood in his mouth and make sure it's slowing down a little. I'm thinking "Please don't bleed on our new couch!" Of course I haven't said this yet, but it's a thought I'm trying to push out of my head.

As the day goes on, I'm doing my best, but I realize that perhaps I was not cut out to be a nurse. Granted, I'm a mom so I guess it goes with the territory. But the upside of all of this is that I won't be making dinner tonight... we'll all be dining on smoothies and Frosty's!

1 comment:

  1. Dean is in good hands. Dean and his mother and possibly Sally (sorry Bennett) are not the greatest patients. However, they do appreciate the care. Hang in there. It does get better.

    ReplyDelete