Monday, November 23, 2009

A Healthy Thanksgiving Recipe


Yes, I realize those are rare. But here's a fruit salad recipe that I found and tweaked. It's not creamy or overly sweet. But it's got a great tang and is very light. So here's my recipe. I think it will feed about 15 people (I'm guessing)

4 or 5 clementine oranges, peeled and segmented
2 cups grapes (I halved mine)
1 pound strawberries, quartered
2 20 oz. cans pineapple chunks (drained, juice reserved)
3 Granny Smith apples, cut in 1/2 inch (or so) pieces
2 bananas, sliced
Zest from 2 limes
Juice from 2 limes
1/4 cup honey
2 tsp. poppy seeds


Combine all the fruit in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, mix 2/3 cup of the pineapple juice with the lime zest and juice, honey, and poppy seeds. Mix into fruit and serve.

I made this salad late this afternoon and I'm taking it to our small group Thanksgiving dinner in an hour or so, so I hope it doesn't get mushy. I did sample some and was very happy with it. Hopefully I made enough so that I'll get some at the dinner! If it's not as good as I think it is, I'll post tomorrow and let you know.

What healthy Thanksgiving recipes do you have to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment