Monday, December 21, 2009

Seasons Eatings

Tis the season for food. I have sugar-laden goodies coming out of my ears, and I'm not even halfway done baking. But I do have a couple really yummy treats that I've made this Christmas, so if you need some edible (easy) gift ideas, here you go!

Oreo Bon-Bons

1 20 oz. pkg Oreos
1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
1 12 oz. bag chocolate chips (any variety will do)

Bring cream cheese to room temperature. Finely crush oreos and mix with the cream cheese. Works best if you use your hands (but gross). Roll into balls and put on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips in microwave. Remove oreo balls from fridge and roll in chocolate. Refrigerate again to harden the chocolate. Sprinkle with desired toppings (crushed peppermint, almonds, peanuts, etc.)

Reindeer Kisses
Pretzel mini twists (I used Snyder's)
Hershey Kisses
M&M's (holiday colors are always fun)

Line a baking sheet with foil and preheat oven to 200. Place as many pretzels as desired on the baking sheet and put a kiss in the middle of each one. Bake just until chocolate begins to sweat. Remove from the oven and put an M&M in the middle of each kiss. Refrigerate and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Bring them on over. I will sample them all!

    Bebe

    ReplyDelete