Friday, December 18, 2009

Success?

I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch, but I think Tommy is daytime (as in, still diaper during nap and bedtime) and home potty trained (as in he hasn't gone on a public toilet yet). We've worked really hard and Dean has totally immsersed himself... literally. My favorite text in a while was from Dean on Saturday afternoon when I was finishing my piano recital. It simply said "We have gone through 4 pair of underwear and peed on every square inch of floor but we've had 3 successes!" And that's what it's all about, folks. Successes.

After that day, we headed south to see Sally, Bennett, and Mac and then to Ft. Lauderdale to see my family, so we didn't know if that would kill the potty mood or not. He went 2 days without even trying to go because we were travelling and then on day 3, he wore the same pair of underwear all day and did not have a single accident! Next day, only one accident. Yesterday we didn't try because of travelling again. Today, no accidents. And now we stand at the toilet. Yes, this is a bit weird to use words like "we" but for any parent who's participated in potty training, it's a group effort. I suddenly have the urge to get Twitter and tweet every time he goes to the bathroom by himself. Don't worry, I won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment