Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Time to Play Catch-Up

Oh boy. A lot has happened since Friday. Christmas on the Moon for one. Over 1,100 people crowding, no, pouring into The Moon until there was standing room only in the third balcony. Dean and Matthew have the scoop.

Recovery day Monday. I baked like a fool, burned more cookies than I'd care to count, and attempted some more potty training with Tommy. The kid held it for about 5 hours and then let it all out just as I was getting ready to put his diaper on him to get him ready for his nap. Go figure.

Yesterday more baking. And burning. I'm normally not a bad baker. my kitchen timer broke so I've been relying on my stellar sense of smell (it's supposed to be hightened in pregnancy) and the clock on my phone. Well, the phone clock doesn't do much good if you keep forgetting to check it.

Last night was Tuesday night adult small group Christmas dinner at the Merritts. Two fried turkeys, a ham, a ton of sides, and a plethora of desserts later, and I'm still stuffed. Plus they have more singing Christmas decorations than I can count and so Tommy had a blast putting them all in a clump on the floor and pressing all the buttons at once. Yes, they were all singing different songs. Ah, the heavenly choir.

Then we get word last night that Sally is finally in labor! We kept in close contact with Dean's parents, who left here at about 10:00 last night and arrived in her hospital room around 2 am. We finally got the text just around 11 this morning that Mac is here! Sally was a brave mama, but incredibly tired when I got to talk to her. But I'm an aunt! And Dean's an uncle! And Tommy's a cousin!! Very exciting!

Today we did more potty training. And had 4 successful pees in the potty. After the first one, we were so excited and he said he wanted to call Mickey Mouse. Thankfully my dad is great at voices, so I called my parents and told Tommy that Mickey was visiting them and could talk to him on the phone. I should've thought that one through a little more. As soon as he hung up, he wanted to know when Mickey was going to visit our house. Then he kept checking the front door to see if he was here yet. I'll plan better next time.

Oh yeah, and then there was this tornado that touched down about 2 miles from our house so when my first piano student got here around lunch time, we all crowded into the guest bathroom (yes, Dorsi too) and waited it out. Never a dull moment, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment