Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thankful Thursday

This morning I "awoke" (I had been up for a while, but had no desire to leave my bed) to Tommy crying for me in his room, so when I went in there and discovered he had wet through his diaper (that reminds me, I still need to change his bedding!), he asked his famous question, "Mommy, where are we going to go in just a minute?" Keep in mind it's almost 6:30 am at this point. I said "In a while, we're going to the bookstore with our friends Luke and Drew," to which he responded in tears with "No! I want to go to the bookstore right now!! I want to go there right now!!" and he kept repeating that. Not a great start to the morning.

So I decided that this should be a "Thankful Thursday" before I complain any more.



Here's some things I'm thankful for this morning:

- Coffee

- A programmable coffee maker that has a wonderful pot of coffee waiting for me and smelling so wonderful when I roll out of bed in the morning

- My amazing husband who can sense when I'm about to lose it and takes the boys so I can go lay down... no matter what's going on in the house

- All of my family who is so helpful and willing to take my children while I have some sort of a break. Even if they're both screaming (Tommy and Ty, not those who are watching them... although by the time they're done, they may be screaming too)

- The way Tommy is so sweet with Ty and says to me "Woot at his wittow face" (translation: "look at his little face")

- Ty's increasing attempts at talking... grunts and coos, and his great little smile that he's been working on

- Shaun the Sheep

- Mylecon gas drops for Ty

- My conversation with Tommy last night: "Mommy, am I your little shurder" (translate as "sugar")? "Yes you are, sweetie." "Mommy why don't you want anyone to take me, your little sunshine away?" (we'd been singing "You Are My Sunshine" that morning) So sweet!

1 comment:

  1. I hate that "Baby Luke" is not such a baby anymore, but growing into a little man. Your stories and conversations with Tommy give me lots to look forward to though. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete