Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

For the record, I have officially made zero new year's resolutions. In fact, my resolution last year was to stop making resolutions. It's the first one I've ever kept! Instead, I figure I should just try to be the best mom and wife I can be every day. And when I screw up on that today, I'll just get back on the wagon tomorrow instead of having to wait until next December 31 to try it again.

Oh, and I've also decided (not resolved!) to take more pictures. So here's a few from Christmas and the anniversary trip that Dean and I took to Mississippi this week.


This is Club Ebony, in Indianola, Mississippi. It hosted the likes of Be Be King, Ray Charles, James Brown, Ike Turner, and a slew of others. It's in the middle of a run-down neighborhood (the entire town is run-down) and it would be easy to miss if not for the blue sign marking it on the Blues Trail.



Our first stop on our trip was Vicksburg, Mississippi, the site of a huge Civil War battle, and one of the last. This was the massive battlefield and we were able to drive the 13-mile loop around it. Very worth it.



MuhMuh's first time meeting her second great grandson, Mac. She's very proud to be a great-grandma to two wonderful little boys. And one more on the way!



I so wanted this to be our Christmas card picture (we didn't wind up having one). Notice the knight's outfit on Tommy. And the baby isn't Todd's, it's Sally and Bennett's.



These cows were taking pictures with kids at Chick-Fil-A on Christmas Eve. Tommy wouldn't go near them, so I did it instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment