Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Crime and Punishment

Lately, Dean and I have been in the throes of power struggles with Tommy. He's a spirited, spunky two-year-old, but he's also very stubborn. Throughout our day we always talk about how it's very important to be obedient (or "obeninent"). In the past week or so I've had to begin using the I'm-going-to-count-to-three-and-then-you're-getting-a-spanking method. I always warn him first and count slowly, just so he doesn't get confused when we're having fun and counting together (no wonder he always skips right over 3 and goes to 4).

Yesterday, after a particularly heated battle (which Dean and I won, thank you very much), Tommy was taking a bath. I asked him to count his train toys and he counted out three of them. Then he looked at me and said "Mommy's not going to get a spanking. Mommy's a obeninent girl."

No comments:

Post a Comment