Sunday, April 12, 2009

It's a Good Day

Happy Easter! I'm sitting here watching Extreme Home Makeover, which was filmed right here in Tallahassee about a month or so ago. Which is cool. Of course I've already cried at least once and I've only been watching it for about 10 minutes. That's how it works, I guess.

To say that tonight was an incredible night would be an understatement. It was nothing other than the power of God working through us to reach a whole lot of people with the Gospel message. A very powerful rendition of it, at that. Dean preached his heart out and it was absolutely amazing. His point that he drove home, the idea of "What are you drinking?" was very moving, especially when he uncovered the toilet and drew water from it (if you are confused by this point, or if you simply haven't seen it, you need to watch the service here)

It was an awesome moment for me when the band went back on stage and Dean was finishing up his sermon, giving the invitation. I was playing the "invitation music" (not "Just As I Am", in case you were wondering) and I was able to glance out while Dean had people raise their hands if they wanted to accept Christ. It was hard to see from all the lights, but I could definitely see a number of hands go up. Which was the best part, and the reason we do it all in the first place. When I walked into the Moon today, it reeked of cigarette smoke, had random stickiness all over the floor, and I'm sure was not most sanitary. But we have amazing volunteers who got there at noon to begin scrubbing the place from top to bottom. I did get to help scrub down some of the 400+ chairs that were set out, so I felt somewhat useful at that hour. But what a great job our many, many, many volunteers do!

Looking back, I don't think I'd rather do anything else on Easter. Honestly, it just overwhelming to be a part of something that God is using for his glory. People are hearing the name of Christ and are responding like we've never seen. Is this a turning point for the Well? Maybe. I just pray that God continues to use us like he has. It's the greatest privilege I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment