Friday, May 15, 2009

Can't Make Up Your Mind?


Today Tommy and I joined some other friends at the Tallahassee "Zoo". It's pretty good for a little Tallahassee place but the animals weren't active at all today. Anyway, I digress. We had a full morning watching the panthers, cows, sheep, and otters (quite the mix, no?) and after we ate lunch, I told Tommy it was time to go home. He complied but as soon as we got in the car he started crying. I gave him his paci, which usually quiets him down. But instead, he was so tired that he just kept whining.

Here was our conversation the whole way: "Mommy, I don't wanna go home! I want to go to the bookstore and play with Thomas!" (our free form of Thomas entertainment). Then in the very next breath he started crying, "Mommy I want to go home! I'm tired! I don't want to go to the bookstore!"

I responded by telling him "Ok, we're going to be home soon and then we can get ready for bed."

His response? "No! I want to go to the bookstore!"

Good grief!

1 comment: