Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mr. Brown Makes Thunder

Tommy frequently reads the book "Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You?" and one of the pages states "Mr. Brown is a wonder. Mr. Brown makes thunder." Now Tommy is thoroughly convinced that there is a man with a brown coat and a little brown hat making all that thunder in the sky. So today, there happened to be a small monsoon here in good ol' Tallahassee. I had to leave for church with Tommy in the middle of the downpour, and so we braced ourselves and headed out the door. Poor kid, he kept nervously saying "Mr. Brown's not going to come over here, right Mommy?"

I had to balance the huge umbrella in my arm while I quickly carried Tommy through the (sideways) rain. I quickly opened the car door and fumbled with trying to get Tommy in the car seat. As I plopped him in his car seat, a gust of wind picked up my umbrella and flung it down the street. I screamed and ran around to get in the driver's seat, as I watched my umbrella tumble into the distance. That was 5 hours ago. My shirt just now is dry. Awesome.

Church tonight was great. We moved to a different location for the summer, Covenant Presbyterian Church, and it made for a very homey feel. It was awesome to have Dean's Uncle Richard on the stool for "4 questions" and Dean's message was great. I'm really looking forward to going through Romans 7, 8, and 9 and the discussions that will undoubtedly result. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment