Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My Little Sponge

This past week has been nuts for me and I'm just glad to be home making my shopping list and doing laundry while Tommy sleeps. I was at the wedding of one of my good friends from high school (pictures will come when my other friend sends them to me), and it was great to have a mini reunion with a few great friends that I've had for a very long time. In fact, the bride is the one I've known for the least amount of time and that's only been since early middle school. Anyway, it was a great time, but exhausting, as I drove back to Tallahassee from Ft. Lauderdale on Saturday with Dean and Tommy and then left Sunday morning to go to Orlando for the wedding, only to turn around right afterward and go to Gainesville to stay with our friends Shane and Lindsay. I'm beat!

But one of the things that I randomly started thinking about since I've been gone and back is how to continue to teach Tommy. It's amazing to me at not even three years old how much he knows and is learning and absorbing. Sometimes things I didn't want him to absorb! But I figured this weekend that it's probably a good time to get him to begin learning Bible verses. So I looked up a couple of websites on scripture memorization for children and didn't get a whole lot of help. One had good intentions, using scriptures that go with familiar children's tunes (complete with clip art for each one), but I sang them myself and for the life of me couldn't figure out how to fit "Children obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right" to the tune of "Row, Row, Row Your Boat". So I gave up on that rather quickly. But I did find this article that at least reinforced in my mind that this certainly can (and should) be done. We'll work on it. Now I just need some verses. If you have any ideas, let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Did I send you these cards? They can only be ordered at this website. I know people who say these are amazing! Love, Aunt Sue

    large cards-https://www.abeka.com/ABekaOnline/BookDescription.aspx?sbn=42013

    small cards-https://www.abeka.com/ABekaOnline/BookDescription.aspx?sbn=42021

    ReplyDelete
  2. No this is the first I've seen a website. I'll check it out! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete