Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My Life Today

There's been a bit of a blogging shortage, and for that I apologize to all four of my readers. I guess you could say the last few days have been slightly hectic. As you may remember, we were at a funeral in South Florida (which was sooooooo sad) and came back at about lunch time on Mother's Day. Dean left for church shortly thereafter and I followed with Tommy in tow just in time for the service to start. After church we had a Mother's Day dinner with the fam (which I was late to) and then I had to leave early to get my sleepy boy home. Aside from the short time, dinner was fabulous.

You may recall that I've taken on yet another project... painting our kitchen cabinets. This is a much bigger job than I realized, but I'm still going strong. After I removed all the cabinet hardware, sanded everything, and primed with an oil based primer that has probably left some residual damage due to the fumes, I proceeded to paint the cabinets white. Yesterday I did coat number 2. I have a set painting attire that has lots of fun colors from the various paint jobs I've done in our house over the last four years. I had every drawer and cabinet door open, Dorsi was out, the house was a mess from the weekend being gone, and Tommy was asleep. Just then, Dorsi started barking like crazy and I realized that I had two make-up piano lessons that I had forgotten about. I slipped on the pair of sparkly shoes that was near the door, tried to brush the paint out of my hair, shoved the dog in her house, and casually let them in. Loads of fun, I tell you. The lessons themselves were great, but I can't believe I just forgot about them. It must have been that pesky primer!

Today Tommy had water day at school. Basically, what that meant was that when I picked him up, he was outside near the kiddie pool with the other kids, no shirt, one shoe, almost completely dry, but having a blast. He was incredibly grumpy once he got home, but I guess that's the price you pay. He's still sleeping, which makes me happy.

And now I have to get ready for piano lessons. It's crunch time this week... the recital is this Saturday at 10:30 (Matthew, you still good to emcee it? Forgot to remind you!) Let's hope those kidddos practiced!!

1 comment:

  1. make sure u got some primer stirrin for our svu party tonight.

    Also, is billy joel really the headliner this year at krissiespianistfest '09?

    ReplyDelete