Monday, July 6, 2009

My Daredevil


Yesterday we went to Tommy's friend Caleb's house for a play date. Caleb's mom suggested that Caleb go take Tommy for a ride on his Hot Wheels Jeep (Caleb just turned three and this is one of those things that you actually drive... no Fred Flintstone feet. It shifts gears and goes into reverse. It's the real deal). Tommy was pumped and followed Caleb out to the garage. Meanwhile, Amy put her little girl into her wagon so we could all go watch the boys on the Jeep. Tommy jumped right in and I snapped a really great picture (which I forgot to save) and Caleb took off. In high gear. Tommy immediately began screaming and crying, clutching the door for dear life. We yelled for Caleb to stop the Jeep and Tommy very quickly crawled out. Amy offered for him to ride in the wagon with Savannah and he hopped in. She started pulling them in the grass (so... maybe 1.75 miles per hour) and Tommy smiled and said "Mommy! I'm having so much fun in the wagon!" Meanwhile, Caleb was doing doughnuts in the yard on the jeep.

That's my boy.

Tonight while we were in the car he randomly said "Mommy, I don't like Jeeps. And I don't like monsters." Guess they're on the same level.

No comments:

Post a Comment