Monday, July 13, 2009

My Weekend

This weekend has been like one big Christmas morning for me. I was super excited to wake up at 6:30 on Saturday morning because my biggest dream for our house was coming true. We're getting new floors! Dean just grunted and rolled over, but I quickly got up, washed my face, brewed some coffee, took the dog for a walk, and waited for Mel Cayson to come. This wonderful man offered to install my floors throughout the house for me. Unbelievable! And besides me, he had two able-bodied helpers in Andrew and my brother, Jason. They worked hard all day Saturday and until lunch Sunday and rumor has it they're returning this weekend to finish the kitchen, laundry room, hallway and closets. It already looks amazing, Dean is completely stunned. And as if that's not enough, I also received an incredibly generous gift of A PIANO from some good friends of ours. Mine had gotten to the point where I could no longer teach on it and, as if directed from God, she called me and said "We'd like to give you our piano. Can we do that?" It's absolutely beautiful and once I get it tuned it will play like a dream. Doesn't get much better than that, folks! Cue the music... "Just hear those sleighbells jingling, ring ting tingling too..."

Here's some pics from the project. I'll post the finished product next week.




1 comment: