Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A Night In

Lately we've had a really busy schedule and we've been out every night of the week, meaning that Tommy eats random fast food and goes to bed late. That's fun for a night or two, but it begins to take its toll on him (and us). So tonight, instead of going to Matthew's house for college small group (let's face it: I go for the great dinner because I wind up taking Tommy to the park as soon as it starts), I stayed home with him tonight and actually made dinner. The spaghetti got a little messy, I'll admit. But he thoroughly enjoyed it.


After dinner, I decided to try my hand at a craft or two. I'd always been good about having Tommy do projects on a regular basis, but I feel like lately I've been in a Mommy Rut. I could never seem to come up with anything interesting to do. Until tonight. I realized I have a ton of dried beans in my pantry that, if I'm honest with myself, I'm never going to use. So I put some in a jar for him. I got out a piece of paper, wrote a big capital "M" and lower case "m" and traced the letters with glue. Then I let Tommy glue the beans down on the letters.

I helped with (did) the capital one and he did the lower case. I know, looks pretty rough. But when he did the same thing with "O" it got a little better.




Hopefully this means I'm coming out of my rut and will be back to doing fun, educational, creative projects with him. Because that is one of my favorite things about being a mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment