Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Come On Spring!

Usually as soon as it starts getting warm I dread it- because I know it will be rediculously hot for roughly 8 months. I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but I am ready for some warmer weather! Don't get me wrong, I really love it being 65-70 degrees during the day, but in the morning and at night, it's still cold. When Tommy gets up anywhere from 6:30-7:30 every morning, he's ready to rock and he usually wants to play. Outside. But he can't because it's somewhere around 30 or 40 degrees and I don't have the energy to bundle him up or be out there myself. So this is why I'm wishing for warmer weather. I think this is the first year that I've actually thought that (except for our year and a half in Kentucky when we got snow in April... yep, I definitely thought it then!).

So now I'm ready for flip flops and capris and cute dresses. Heck, I've painted my fingernails and toenails hot pink in hopes that it will usher spring in just a bit sooner. Will I be regretting this post when it's 95 degrees outside with no end in sight? Absolutely. But for now, bring on spring!

2 comments:

  1. Weatherman here: We have beautiful weather for 8.5 months with June, July, August and half of September being a bit much. You are not way down south anymore and I am so happy for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so with you... even on warmer days it gets too cold at night and I freeze. Summer will be so hot but at least there's the pool.

    ReplyDelete