Friday, March 20, 2009

My First Vacation!

Today I am embarking on what is the first trip I've taken by myself since Tommy was born. Not including trips to the mall or the grocery store, this will be the first time I've gone anywhere without Dean or Tommy. As much as I love those guys, I am soooo excited! Angela, one of my good friends from high school is getting married in May and is having her bridal shower tomorrow night in Orlando, and I was determined to go. I haven't seen her in a year and a half so just getting to see her is very exciting. So I decided to stretch the trip out (actually Dean's exact words were "Leave here on Friday and don't come back til Sunday... you'll have a great time") and see Lindsay Knipple tonight and then take the day tomorrow to mosey my way into Orlando. I'm staying at the hotel that Angela works at, the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress and I can't wait! Hopefully tomorrow I'll be laying out by the pool, sipping a pina colada and reading a good book. So now I have to go buy a bathing suit, go get a good book, and pack!

And PS, Tommy's still terrified of owls. I had posted yesterday that he wanted to see Big Mama. I told him he could listen for her in bed and he was so excited. About three minutes later, as I was getting ready to read to him, he started crying and said he didn't want to hear Big Mama. I reassured him that she's not real, only in cartoons. He refused to let me put him down in bed until after he had fallen asleep (that's rare... usually I just drop him right in after we read). Oh well. Now he thinks he's a mailman and he's "delivering mail" to Dean and I from all over the house. There's no fear of the postal service that I'm aware of so he should be okay with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment