Saturday, March 28, 2009

I Need A New Hobby

Most women, when they need a change of some sort, get a new haircut. Or maybe a new hair color. If not that, they at least go to the mall and purchase a few new outfits. Not me. No, when I need a change I paint. And I'm not talking about a canvas with a pretty mountain view. I paint my entire house. This is now becoming a hobby for me as I am on my third color in three years. I've never been totally satisfied with the first two, but I think I'm sold on this one. It's Sherwin Williams Blonde (the color of Premier Bank for those of you in Tallahassee).

Dean left town yesterday for a one night trip to Fort Lauderdale for a few Miami games, so I decided that was the perfect time to start. And since my piano students are on spring break this week, I don't have to hurry up and finish by Tuesday. I have until Thursday for my 3 students who take lessons during their break (they're dedicated, I know). So my plan is to wait until Tommy's sleeping at night and do as much as I can before I fall down from exhaustion or getting high on paint fumes (put a little vanilla extract in it and it cuts down the smell significantly. Kind of makes you want a sugar cookie). Last night I got almost two hours worth and began priming the front half of the house. Today during his nap I primed around the back half. We have a sloping roof and a few heavy pieces of furniture so I have almost done everything I can without needing a ladder or a big strong man. But Dean will be back tonight so rest assured I'll put him to work! Wish me luck!! And if you're bored I have an extra roller or two.

1 comment:

  1. Krissie, you can't tease us with paint jobs, we need pictures!! ;)

    ReplyDelete