Monday, March 2, 2009

Weekend Recap



Well the weekend was a major success. Tommy met Jonathan and was a wonderful sweet older cousin. At one point when Jonathan was laying on a pillow, Tommy brought him a blanket and put it on him. When Jonathan's paci fell out of his mouth, Tommy put it back in (after giving it a try himself first... sorry Kim). And Dean's grandma was thrilled to meet her newest great grandson. The only regret is that we didn't get the two boys in a picture with her. Hopefully we'll get to do that soon.


Dorsi also got to meet her cousin. Bennett brought Annie over to play with her, now that Annie's bigger and can fend for herself a little. We figured they would play well together because both dogs are socially awkward and just want to be everyone's best friend. At dog parks they wind up on their backs in submission immediately because they're just so darn friendly. So the meeting went well and they played nice. Mostly. But Annie is welcome any time.

Church was wonderful again. It was the first time in a while that I was just able to sit in the audience and participate in the service. And I loved it. I was also excited to see more and more adults that don't look like college students (don't get me wrong... we love college students! We're just beginning to see more diversity). When we got home last night Dorsi had helped herself to my fresh loaf of bread that I had baked earlier yesterday. Ate the plastic bag and all. So today I'm baking again. But I don't mind, I still have fun with it. And I haven't bought a loaf of bread in about two months, for those of you keeping score at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment