Thursday, August 27, 2009

Aaaahhhhhh....

Today's been a good day so far. Tommy and I spent the morning at the Museum of Florida History with my friends Jen and Danielle and their little ones, Karsyn, Lila, and Mackenzie. Lots of fun there, only a couple meltdowns. The funniest thing was that before we got there all he could talk about was the "elephant" (which was a skeleton of a mastadon found in Wakulla Springs, not too far away... very cool) and the train. Obviously a giant mastadon is a bit hard to miss, so we found that one right away, but he still kept talking about the train and how he wanted to go see it. I looked at the visitor's guide and it said nothing about a train so I just figured he was confused. But as we were walking through the 20th Century Florida exhibit, low and behold, there was a display case that was about 2 feet by 4 feet. It was a model of Silver Springs, featuring the tugboats and paddleboats and kind of on the side, not doing anything, was a train. I think it had about 6 cars on it and it didn't actually move, but he was mesmerized. One of the meltdowns was getting him to leave the train. That's my boy.

When I got home with him, we got ready for a nap, I took a nice hot shower, and swiffed the floor. I was about to empty the dishwasher when I saw that my fabulous husband had come home while we were gone and emptied it for me. Thanks Dean!!! That totally made my day. Now I have 35 minutes before piano lessons and a clean house, so I'm curling up with a good book and a cup of hot chocolate. Yes, you read that right. I'm having hot chocolate in August. But it's been raining all day long and I think a good mug of cocoa is called for in this situation. So bring on the rain!

1 comment: