Saturday, August 29, 2009

To Gym or Not to Gym

Tommy's taking a nap, Dean's home watching TV and resting up for tomorrow, and even Dorsi is snoring in her kennel (with the door open- she just likes to be in there and I don't really understand why). This is my chance to get to the gym. At this very moment I'm psyching myself up for a good jog/walk (a wog, if you will) on the treadmill while watching something at least somewhat entertaining on my own little personal TV (I love my gym, it has all that fun stuff). Then I'll do some weights and stretch and all the other things that you're supposed to do at the gym. And I'll feel really great afterward.

But for some reason I really want to just stay here and sleep. And eat potato chips. Wait, we don't have potato chips. Well, I can run to Walgreens (which happens to be right next door to the gym) and get some. Or I can make some cookies and eat them. Yes, I'm letting you in on a little secret of mine: every time I get a chance to work out I have this inner struggle in my mind. Every single time. Yesterday I went with sleeping and potato chips. But today...

I better go, I'm off to the gym now.

No comments:

Post a Comment