Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Move over Seinfeld

So my son's a little comedian. It's actually a great thing because I read that one of the many possible outcomes of his lack of a corpus calossum is not understanding humor. When I read this nearly 3 years ago, I was really crushed. I mean, we have a pretty funny family and I would hate for Tommy to miss out on all that! I figured it wasn't going to be a problem for him as he developed his little personality (which is really funny), but last week he proved that he totally gets humor. He came up with his own joke. A knock-knock joke, nonetheless. It goes something like this:

"Knock knock"

"Who's there?"

"Orange" (you think you know where this is going by now, but he's gonna fool you... wait for it...)

"Orange who?"

"You!"

And then he breaks out into hysterics. And if you don't, he'll inform you that now is the appropriate time to laugh. Just ask his uncle Todd.

So maybe I don't exactly get the joke, but I'm just impressed he came up with one in the first place!

1 comment:

  1. It makes perfect sense to me and it is funny!

    Bebe

    ReplyDelete