Saturday, August 15, 2009

Birthday Weekend

This is a very busy and exciting weekend in the Inserra household. It's birthday weekend. Today is my little buddy's birthday... he's 3! I actually started celebrating two days ago because that's when they induced me and 3 years ago yesterday I was in labor all day(2 nights in the delivery room has to be some kind of record). And three years ago right now I was still in labor. Tommy made his grand entrance finally at 12:04 PM, right in time for lunch. If they wouldn't have used suction, I might still be pushing now. I found out later that the doctors were huddled around my monitor at the nurse's station (or wherever a central monitor is), taking bets on when I would finally have this kid. But he's here now!

I went in his room to get him this morning reminded him that today is finally the day that he's three. He's still getting the concept of changing ages and having a birthday all day. So when it clicked that his birthday is right now, he was really excited... and then came the first meltdown of the day when he expected birthday cake. Right now. It was 7:30 am. I reminded him he'd get it later. It'll be a long day for him!

We're taking him to Coosh's for beignets this morning and then he'll celebrate with Dean's grandma at the assisted living place before lunch and a nap. Then my parents will be in town this afternoon and we'll have a family party tonight at Me Me and Be Be's. Lots of fun.

Another big celebration in our family is the Well's 2 year anniversary. The service is tomorrow night at 5:30 and it's gonna be awesome. If you're anywhere in the area you need to come. If you're not in the area, you need to get over here and come. This is a service not to be missed. More on that tomorrow.

Happy Birthday Tommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment