Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Catch-Up

It's been a few days since I've blogged and I've received some grief about it. But things have been slightly crazy since Saturday and so I figured I'd give a brief catch-up session of our weekend.

We had a great time doing the family birthday party thing for Tommy on Saturday night. I made him a Mickey cake which actually didn't turn out that bad. It seemed like it was Christmas, this kid got so many gifts! He was slightly overwhelmed by all the presents and at one point he did cry when we didn't let him watch one of the movies he had just opened then and there. But he got over it. The big present of the night was his McDonald's kitchen. It's a drive-through and it's really cute. And now I think his dream in life is to work at the Golden Arches. Oh gracious. But all day long he takes our orders and makes us food. I joked that yesterday he worked an 8 hour shift.


Sunday we started our day by having his friend birthday party at Zoinks. He had a blast, won more tickets than I thought possible (thanks to his uncles being addicted to the "Deal or No Deal" game), and decided that birthday parties are awesome.




We then headed home, put him to bed for his nap, and I rushed out the door to be at church by 3 because I was playing in the band for the 2 year anniversary service for The Well. It was absolutely incredible. There were lots of people, especially considering the college students aren't even back yet. Dean did an amazing job (as always) and we completely packed out Shane's Rib Shack for the after dinner. I'm so thankful for my church!!

So now we're getting back into the swing of things. I'm getting ready to crank out piano lessons in full swing (I'm up to 20 students now!) and Tommy will be heading back to his Mother's Morning Out preschool thing in a couple weeks. Yay! And I'll be blogging more regularly once we get back on a routine. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment