Monday, December 8, 2008

Being on the Moon


Last night was an incredible night. We had an early Christmas service at the Moon, one of Tallahassee's most famous night clubs. What an atmosphere! It would actually be a great place to do church all the time. We had lots of people show up, and of course we grossly underestimated how many would be there. Dean was hoping for 350. When all was said and done, we had 570 show up!

The music was great, I had a blast playing there... very rock star feeling! Matt Long did an incredible job (as did the rest of the band members), and Rachel Boeselt about blew the roof off. Natalie Mitchell was awesome on the couch, just being real and connecting with people. She has a real story to tell! Matthew Robinson is amazing as the man who puts it all together... seriously, I don't think most people have a clue as to how much he does. And he has a full time job that has nothing to do with the Well. If he's not too busy to help out, much less play a major part in the Well, then no one is!

Dean was incredible preaching up there! I prayed for him the whole way there, that his cough would just magically disappear, and it did. And I wasn't surprised. I was so proud of him. I'm always proud of him, but last night I was just bursting with pride. One thing I've known about him since I met him is that when God calls him to do something and he does it, it's going to be incredible. God has immensely blessed everything he's done and he's always had immense success. And it's obvious that it's God working through Dean because he would be the first to tell you he doesn't have the experience to make these things happen. Praise God!

I feel like I'm just rambling, but words really can't describe the experience last night. I have to admit, I was a bit edgy after our crazy Easter service, but I think we were prepared for whatever might happen. We had someone prepared to call 911 if needed (lessons learned from experience), we had armed security, and it all went off without a hitch. And it made the 11:00 news last night!

I'm really excited to see what God is going to do with the Well next!

No comments:

Post a Comment